09 October 2005

Lucid dreaming

Last night I had a lucid dream. It was my second lucid dream so far. Some time in the middle of the night I woke up (really woke up) because I wad cold. I closed my window and went back to bed. Soon I felt my self drifting off again. This is where it gets weird. I could feel myself falling asleep, straight in to REM sleep (dream sleep). So I said over and over in my head “be conscious of the fact that you are dreaming”. While I was thinking this I felt my self fall further into this dream. It felt like I was up side down, spinning around really fast. Like I was trying to drill my head through my pillow. I was worried I was going to lose my lucidity in this whirlwind, so I keep repeating “be conscious of the fact that you are dreaming”.

Not to much longer and I was standing in a restaurant still thinking “be conscious of the fact that you are dreaming”. The next thing I thought was “holly shit. I’ve done it again. I’m lucid dreaming” The first thing I did was walk up to my friend Chris and tell him that I was aware of the fact that I was dreaming and that I could do what ever the fuck I wanted, and it wouldn’t matter. He said “wow that’s pretty cool” and sat down at a table. I was feeling pretty excited because the first time I had a lucid dream, I hadn’t had this much control. I wanted to do more with my lucidity, so I decided to change the seen. I started thinking about how I would like to disappear from the restaurant and appear somewhere else.

Next thing I new I was standing on a fire trail in some old growth forest that reminded me of tree hugging hippies. My lucidity was fading fast. I walked along the fire trail staring at the trees for a wile. Then I was standing in my bed room explaining to my mum that I was going to bed. I had lost all lucidity by this point. I walked over to my computer to turn it of before I went to bed. There was an instant messenger conversion window open. The background for the window was a pine forest covered on snow. The photo had a very blue tinge to it. There wore two medieval looking figures in the photo. Suddenly the all the text boxes disappeared and all that was left was the background, and I was in side it, standing on the snow. The figure on the right started stabbing a wolf in the head with a knife. The wolf was crying out in pain. The figure on the left started yelling something to the figure with the knife, who dropped the wolf and turned to stab the figure on the left instead. Then I woke up…

No comments: